THE TERRABYTE

Mac Miller’s “Divine” New Album

Freshman Marcial Diaz holding a copy of Mac Miller's

Freshman Marcial Diaz holding a copy of Mac Miller's "The Divine Feminine"

Ana Diaz, Music Critic

Mac Miller portrays sentimental yet uplifting lyrics and beats in his new album, “The Divine Feminine.” The young rapper released a ten song album on September 16th, 2016, almost exactly a year after his third studio album was released. Although his album is good, it is not quite as popular, making it extremely underrated. His album features Kendrick Lamar, CeeLo Green, Anderson Paak, Ty Dolla Sign, and Ariana Grande; most of whom are trending artists. The album was supported by three singles: “Dang!” featuring Anderson Paak, “We” featuring CeeLo Green, and “My Favorite Part” featuring Ariana Grande. “The Divine Feminine” topped US R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard), placing number one. He charted top ten on three Billboard charts in US and in Canada. He additionally settled for top 100 on thirteen charts total worldwide. Although his previous album, “GO:OD AM,” sold 72,000 copies within the first week, “The Divine Feminine” only sold 48,000 copies within the first week. Mac Miller was not appreciated enough when he released his new album. Ninth grade TERRA student, Anthony

It is important to realize that “The Divine Feminine” is one of the few musical pieces these days that isn’t about love or drugs, but about Mac Miller’s valuable experiences with women and what he has learned and benefitted from them. TERRA freshman, Marcial Diaz, agrees that the underrated artist should have gotten more recognition on his new album. “Even though I’m not really a big fan of Mac Miller, his new album is really good,” he confesses. “I do prefer his old music because I was a bigger fan of him a few years ago.” Marcial states that his favorite song off “The Divine Feminine” is “Cinderella” featuring Ty Dolla Sign. Overall, the artist got positive outcomes without the album being necessarily popular.

222 total views, 4 views today