• Homecoming Dance on Saturday, Dec. 2

• Spirit Week 2017: Green Out the Den (Dec. 1)

• Spirit Week 2017: Dynamic Duo (Nov. 30)

• Spirit Week 2017: Sports Day (Nov. 29)

• Spirit Week 2017: Character Day (Nov. 28)

• Spirit Week 2017: Mismatch Monday (Nov. 27)

Pitching an Impressive Season

TERRA baseball players on the field at one of their games. Photo credit: Derek Sanchez

Samantha Garcia and Delaney Granados

Baseball season has begun and the TERRA baseball team is working hard every day for the season. The team won their first game 5-2 on Feb. 21 against Coral Gables Senior High. The Wolves overall game record is 2-4.

Lefty pitcher junior Jordan Arroyo has been playing the sport for 12 years and is confident in the team’s success. “Things have started out rough for us but I feel like things are going to turn around and we’re going to have a winning season,” Arroyo said. “I believe we have a chance at winning districts. The season is still early but I have high hopes.”

One of TERRA’s top players, senior Joseph Sanchez, has 7IP (innings pitched), 5H (hits), 10K (swinging strikeout) and 1ER (earned runs). He recently signed to play at Florida International University for the 2017 season. Junior second baseman Angel Navarro has 4AB (at bat) this season with 2 runs and .250 BA (batting average.)

On Mar. 6, the team faced Miami Central High School and won 13-0. After the team’s four losses in a row against Belen Jesuit, Ronald Reagan, Florida Christian, and Mater Lakes Academy, the boys triumphed with a great win. “It felt good to win a game and get back on track,” said junior outfielder Mario Barroso. “Our game record should be 6-0, but we’ll come back strong,” says junior first baseman Michael Mourino.

Pitcher Carlos Lequerica pictured.

The team practices together every weekday, improving their skills by the day, to be prepared for every team they face. All the players encourage and cheer for each other every game. “A pre-game ritual we do is meet by our dugout and get each other hyped up,” said JV freshman pitcher Tyler Monzon. “We prep each other for each game by having one player talk and motivate everyone,” said freshman Christopher Saavedra.

Saavedra, who plays center field, is the only freshman that made TERRA’s varsity baseball for the season. “I’ve been playing baseball ever since I was five. It feels good knowing I made varsity because I know all the years of playing baseball is paying off,” said Saavedra.

The baseball season has only just started and the TERRA baseball players are off to a great start. All the players are training their hardest and enjoying the game together as a team. Go Wolves!

144 total views, 2 views today