TERRA Golf Girls Go to Regionals

Back to Article
Back to Article

TERRA Golf Girls Go to Regionals

Golf coach, Erica Echeverri, pictured at regionals.

Gabriella Bloom, Reporter

On Oct. 23, 2017, TERRA’s girls golf team made their way to Weston Hills Country Club to compete in the regionals golf competition.

After winning districts, the girls played in hopes of making it to states. The top four golfers, Seanne Chen, Amanda Rabade, Ryley Sever, and Valerie Vazquez, went to represent the girls team with their coach, Ms. Erica Echeverri, commonly referred to as “Ms. E.”

Senior Seanne Chen, a four-year varsity player, was top tournament golfer representing TERRA at the competition. Never having been to regionals before, it was a new achievement to add to her list. “It was very fun hitting balls on the course and making it in the hole,” Chen said.

Unfortunately, the team did not win regionals, ending their season. However, this loss only encourages the team to work hard to make states next year..

Her first year coaching, Ms. E hopes to return next year. “It was a pleasant surprise,” she said. She enjoyed getting to know the students on the team, learning about golf, and “being on the course with them… It was a memorable experience,” Echeverri said.

Chen is ending her time with the TERRA team on a positive note as well. “Playing golf for the past four  years has been really rewarding. I feel that it has made me a very well rounded individual and will help me in the future,” Chen said.

Hopefully, the girls golf team can snag the regional title and advance to states in the upcoming years, maybe even accompanied by the boys golf team.