TERRA Strike Out

Richard Wilson, Reporter

During the fall season, both the boys and girls bowling teams have been striking out. Coach Ed Garland is ecstatic with the girls team progress; they had an 8-2 record. The boys bowling team recently defeated a rival at districts in late October and earned their seat at states, which will take place in Orlando in November. Coach Garland has been “doing nothing different. We just teach them how to bowl.”

The team have been training and taking precautions to ensure their success at states. There is extra pressure on the team to do better than any year before, which sits on the shoulders of the coach, captain, and teammates.

Coach Garland said he couldn’t be happier with boys team, as they won the Dade County Youth Fair tournament, where they earned the championship at the district level. Garland said that the biggest surprise was a new freshman, Ryan Toffoli, who has an average of 189 pins.

Garland said that he greatly complemented and aided the three senior bowlers. One of these seniors, William Reyes, beat the TERRA record for bowling with a score of 198.

The bowling teams continue to practice and work hard to ensure success in the coming years. Garland says he and his teams look forward to an amazing year next year in order to place for districts.