“Storytelling” TERRA Art Exhibit

Adriana Montenegro, Reporter

TERRA art students exhibited conversations in storytelling through imagery. Storytelling has been a part of human existence, and fulfills the needs to pass on experiences through the narrative and visual forms. This event took place at the Miami International Airport Gallery. Students were invited to share their stories with others through 2-D art forms that relay both personal and social experiences to be passed on to others. TERRA students Andrea Valdivia, Kendall Leininger, Danielle Tur, Valeria Urgelles, and Alex Escalona had their artwork displayed.

Sophomore Alex Escalona felt excited and happy that his art was exhibited, and was proud of how far he has gone. “I made my assignment to represent the duality in people and self-destructive nature,” Escalona said. For future artists, Escalona recommends to never give up, to stop comparing yourself to other artists and focus on your own skill, viewing your art in an air of negativity won’t leave room for improvement.

Escalona is interested in pursuing a future as an artist/animator. “I have always wanted to be an artist since I was young. I love the liberty of doing something I love and being my own boss,” he mentions. In his life, Escalona has been inspired in art by photography of all kinds, and observing people around him.

Senior Danielle Tur believes it is a really nice opportunity just thinking about hundreds of people who work and go around the airport saw her art throughout the day is cool. “Art is just my way of distressing and going into a totally creative different mindset,” Tur said.

Tur based her artwork on human beings being uniquely different in a positive way, and tried to make it the same way. If she could have improved her artwork, she probably would have made it simpler, less detail.

“I think I’ll always view art as a hobby, just something to do for fun and help me keep my mind off of things,” she said.

118 total views, 2 views today