THE TERRABYTE

Bowling Away

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bowling Away

Senior Astrid Trasobares at States. Photo credit: TERRA Activities

Since its establishment at TERRA in 2011, the bowling team has been striking their way to local and state competitions with skill, class, and agility. As the season concludes, the bowlers pridefully take home the many wins and thoughtful memories they’ve acquired throughout the course of four months. This year both Boys and Girls Bowling qualified for both districts and states.

Under the guidance of Coach Garland, the team has remained undefeated this past season between both girls and boys bowling with an average score of 206 among 4 bowlers. Senior Vanessa Perez describes her experience as “Fulfilling. This was my second and last year in the team and it has been amazing,”

Among all the teams at TERRA, the bowling team is one of the most successful teams in the school bringing home regional and state titles year after year after since its formation. “I’ve been getting lucky over the seven years since I started coaching here at TERRA by getting bowlers that already have experience with the game ,” reveals Coach Garland.

Many members of both teams have been bowling since their youth. Senior and Girls Captain Astrid Trasobares mentioned that her passion for bowling began through “Bowling with my step-dad. He played for a league,” she adds “, I started when I was 13, and love not only the feeling of competition but the intricacies of bowling as a whole. It has become a big part of who I am.”

New members of the team believe that the reason behind their success lays in the idea that they all have skills that complement one another. “ I think that we all compliment each other very well, we all push each other to do our very best,” stated Boys Bowling member and sophomore Alexander San Jose.

As the team wraps up their season, the hope is that the student body can shed more light onto their team and acknowledge their abilities as bowlers as they continue to roll their way into opportunities that represent TERRA and TERRA Athletics respectively.

168 total views, 4 views today