THE TERRABYTE

Meghan Markle is Pregnant!

Kylie Gil, Entertainment Writer

On Oct. 15, 2018, Kensington Palace announced Meghan Markle, The Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, are expecting a baby in the spring of 2019. The palace announced the news on social media which exploded the internet with messages of congratulations, warmth, and happiness, directed at the happy couple. “I’m happy for them, they deserve to have a child,” stated freshman Manuel Sanchez.

The wonderful baby news does not come as a surprise to many of the Duchess’s loyal fans, as speculation of Markle’s pregnancy has been almost non-stop since the Duke and Duchess’s wedding in May. “It’s rather sudden and an unexpected shock,” said Mrs. Klein.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex revealed the exciting news to the royal family among Queen Elizabeth II, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and The Princess Royal, at Princess Eugenie’s wedding to Mr. Jack Brooksbank on Oct. 12.  Markle wore a navy coat that brought upon an outpour of pregnancy speculation. The navy coat appeared to be concealing a growing baby bump.

As per rules following the inheritance of titles in the British aristocracy, the upcoming royal baby, affectionately nicknamed Baby Sussex, will be titled ‘The Earl of Dumbarton’ if he is a boy, however, if the baby is a girl, she will go by ‘Lady (Name) Mountbatten-Windsor.’

“I can’t wait for them to announce the baby’s name,” exclaimed sophomore Adriana Alva. Royal baby name bookies, who are people that place bets on what they believe a royal baby’s name will be, are already in full-blown ‘baby-naming mode’ and have already begun speculating what Harry and Meghan will call their baby. Some of the bookies’ top picks include: Alexander, Arthur, Philip, Albert, and Nicholas for a boy, as well as, Alice, Victoria, Mary, Isabella, and Eleanor for a girl. “I hope the baby is a girl so they can call her Diana,” commented senior John Gomez.

Markle, whose pregnancy was announced when she was 12 weeks into her pregnancy, has past the 3-month mark, initiating the start of her second trimester. Baby Sussex’s due date is set for Spring 2019, which is around the birthdays of Queen Elizabeth II, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis on April 21, May 2, and April 23, respectively. Baby Sussex will be joining royal cousins Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, as seventh in the line of succession to the British throne. Junior Jeffrey Lopez expressed, “I’m very excited to see Harry and Meghan’s baby! I truly hope Meghan gives birth to a healthy child.”

812 total views, 4 views today