THE TERRABYTE

Happy Thanksgiving from TERRA!

Ana-Victoria Elias, Student Life Writer

Thanksgiving season is in bloom and TERRA is spreading the joy through numerous ways, one being the lunch food. Starting November, the kitchen staff are supplied with turkey and gravy, corn, mashed potatoes, and many other holiday foods to feed the students. These foods are handed to TERRA by the district, and the lunch staff mix and match the food, adding the holiday feeling to students’ otherwise ordinary lunch.

If students want to try TERRA’s holiday lunch, the kitchen staff distributes it inside the cafeteria in lines that are not express. These lines take a little bit longer, but the wait is worth it. Many students noted that the new Thanksgiving lunch was a welcomed treat, and something they will be looking forward to.

“The Thanksgiving food is different, and it tastes really good! Whenever I can get it, I will, the wait is just a little longer because the lunch ladies have to put all that food on your plate. It doesn’t bother me though, I like the extra food,” says Dimitri Rivera, a junior, who usually buys school lunch.

Jorge De Armas notes, “They always give us Thanksgiving food around the holidays. I love it, it’s different, and it’s unique.”

As pictured above, TERRA’s Thanksgiving food offers corn, cornbread, spinach, turkey with gravy, and mashed potatoes– all served inside TERRA’s cafeteria starting November 15 through November  30. These foods are only served on specific days, so be on watch for when it’ll be given out.

56 total views, 4 views today