THE TERRABYTE

Homecoming Game: An Annual Tradition

Danielle Nogueira and Edgar Rodriguez

On Nov. 30, the TERRA Wolves undertook Immaculata La Salle in TERRA’s annual homecoming game. This years games consisted of three teams: Boy’s JV, Girls Varsity, and Boy’s Varsity. The games brought in an amazing amount of spectators from the TERRA community.

The homecoming games commenced with the JV Boy’s team. The boys started off strong and were in the lead for a while. It was an intense game all the way through. When the fourth quarter began, La Salle began to take the lead, it was a constant back and forth battle and a close call. TERRA sophomore and number 15 on the court,  Javier Sanchez says, “it was a tough game that made us put in tons of effort.” The JV Boys kept taking La Salle to the free throw line, which costed them a plethora of points. Even though the boys gave it their all, TERRA still lost 34-39.

Following, the Girl’s Varsity game began. The girls team had been strenuously preparing for weeks leading up to this matchup. The fast-paced, aggressive offense led to several free throw opportunities. “It was super thrilling and had me at the edge of my seat the whole time,” said TERRA junior Jihane Benchakroune. During halftime, TERRA cheerleaders and dancers showcased their homecoming routine. This hyped up the crowd and got the members of the crowd excited for an intense second half. The girls continued to play well and took the lead with a final score of 49-21.

Last but not least, the Boy’s Varsity began their long awaited game. The game was neck and neck the entire time, keeping spectators on their toes. “I enjoy coming to the Hoco games every year, there’s something special about them, they’re not just ordinary games.” said TERRA junior Tiffany Quinones. Both teams were exceptionally vigorous and played extraordinarily well. The boys had practiced for countless hours for weeks heading up to the game. Their practices consisted of a lot of conditioning and high-paced exercises which permitted them to showcase their endurance throughout the game. Overall, it was an exhilarating game that down to the last seconds. TERRA unfortunately lost 69-71. “It was a very nerve wrecking game,” said TERRA senior Ervin Vazquez.

Even though TERRA lost, all teams gave their all and played their best. Many students were content about watching the game and spending time with their friends. As the night came to an end, many people grew excited about the prospects of the following day – Homecoming.