THE TERRABYTE

A Blasting Junior Class Trip

Juniors Danielle Nogueira, Natalia Calderon, Tiffany Quinones, and Montserrat Castellanos anxiously wait for Cheetah Hunt to
start.

Juniors Danielle Nogueira, Natalia Calderon, Tiffany Quinones, and Montserrat Castellanos anxiously wait for Cheetah Hunt to start.

Jorge Carmona, Student Life Writer

On Saturday March 2, the junior class of 2020 loaded onto their buses and went on their way to Tampa, Florida, to spend the entire day at Busch Gardens.

Approximately 250 juniors went on the trip, and of those who went, many enjoyed it. “It was full of good times, and good times only,” said junior Jihane Benchakroune. Once they arrived to Busch Gardens and passed through security, a majority of the juniors flocked to some of the most popular rides in the theme park such as: Sheikra, Cheetah Hunt and Falcon’s Fury. These rides are notorious for their massive heights and immense speed, it’s no wonder the thrill-seeking students chose to get on these rides first. “It was one of the scariest rides I’ve ever been on,” said junior Simon Valencia, and many juniors shared the same reaction to these intense rides. Lucky for them, most of the lines were relatively short, allowing the juniors to ride these rollercoasters several times.

Besides Sheikra and the Cheetah Hunt, there were a plenty of other exhilarating rides, some of which were enjoyed by the juniors while others were not. Such as Kumba, a 143 foot tall steel roller coaster that can hit speeds of up to 60 miles per hour, attracted a variety of opinions from the students,”It was so fast I forgot where I was,” said junior Matthew Newsome while another junior, Andrew Agila, mentioned “It was easily one of the scariest rides there.”

Almost every student who went on the class trip agree that many countless memories were made. Although the juniors did seem to enjoy their day of fun when it came to the food many had high expectations, and they were easily met, as many juniors agreed that the food was of high quality. “I expected the food to be bad but I actually really enjoyed it,” said junior Alejandro Acosta. Many of the juniors shared a similar view and felt that having a high quality option of food improved their experience.

Overall, the trip was highly enjoyed by all 250 students who went to create priceless memories and they can proudly say that it was one of the best trips they’ve ever been on. Many are looking forward to becoming seniors and continuing to go on lively trips such as Grad Bash, and hope to keep going on many adventures and continuing to create wonderful high-school memories.