THE TERRABYTE

Captain Marvel Movie Review

Melissa Mendoza, Student Life Writer

The much-anticipated movie Captain Marvel hit the big screens on March 8th, 2019. Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the Marvel Cinematic Universe History. The movie includes some well-known actors such as Brie Larson who plays Carol Danvers, an ex-U.S Air Force fighter piolet and a member of an elite Kree military unit called Starforce. She has won many awards for her work in Room, along with Samuel L. Jackson who portrays Nick Fury and is well-known for his work in many Marvel movies.  

The film sets in the 1900s and follows the journey of  Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when she finds herself and her allies caught in the middle of a galactic war between the people of earth and the Skrulls. Living on Earth Captain Marvel keeps having recurring memories of another life as U.S. Air Force pilot Carol Danvers. With help from Nick Fury, she tries to uncover the secrets of her past while also harnessing her special superpowers to end the war with the Skrulls.

Junior Raul Pajares says, “ It was a fantastic movie, it was humorous and action-packed, but there were some plot holes in between. Overall, it was a great origin story.”

The film has grossed over 594 million dollars worldwide. Many critics describe it as “entertaining, enjoyable, and savvy”. Junior James Cannon says, “ Captain Marvel was amazing, it was filled action, humor and great visuals. I loved this origin story of this new hero that’s going to appear in the Avengers movie.”

The movie was humorous and action-packed. It kept that audience on edge while also making them laugh. Multiple people enjoyed this movie and is highly recommended.